November 12, 2009

Awful Anticipation

Posted in *cringe*, Project: Fail, RHoNJ, The Just a Little Sad, The WTF at 10:40 am by Dagny Taggart

I don’t watch The Hills, for a number of reasons.  Primarily, my television time is divided thusly:  70% food-related shows, Grey’s Anatomy, The Good Wife, and various iterations of The Real Houswives take up the remaining 30%, depending on when I’m around to watch them.  When I’m ill, I’ll usually set the remote to a marathon of one of the Law and Order shows, or perhaps a CSI or NCIS marathon, all of which seem to take turns staking out 8-10 hour blocks of time on various cable channels.

Clearly, I am no stranger to terrible television.  However, this particular habit requires multitasking, as I cannot bear to watch people making *complete* asses of themselves.  It’s the reason I hate the National Lampoon movies starring Chevy Chase.  It’s just too awful.  I can’t watch.

So when I read this lovely preview of MTV’s latest show, about a group of Jersey boys living down the shore, I had mixed feelings.  At the very least, I’m going to wind up allocating some valuable Tivo real estate for a show from which my eyes will be averted 85% of the time.  On the plus side, I’ll probably get a fair amount of reading, cleaning, emailing, and baking done while I’m waiting for the idiocy to subside to an acceptable level.

MTV inspiring greater domestic productivity.  Who knew?

Advertisements

3 Comments »

  1. freckledk said,

    Oh…I think I have a new favorite television program. Who needs Tool Academy when you can have THIS?!?

    Fantastic!

  2. Brian said,

    I think I got a little dumber just reading the article.

    On a totally unrelated note, any suggestions for the best place to get a white ribbed tank-top? Preferably in a Boys XS…

  3. Jen said,

    Apparently “The Good Wife” is filmed at the courthouse in Queens. Just a little trivia for ya. I had never even heard of that show.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: